With the surprising spread of the Corona COVID-19 all over the world as in the USA, it’s not an option these days to have a secure Internet connection and do your regular company work from home. But that also comes with challenges as there is no clear way to know which VPN is better than others for beginners and what to look for exactly.
So, in this post, you’ll find the best secure Virtual private Network providers that I tested and recommend for people who prefer working remotely.
Top 5 most secure VPN solutions for remote workers
This is by far one of the most secure Virtual Private Networks in the world, everything started from a small software, and now it’s used worldwide by professionals who look for higher levels of security for teams and home networks.
- Up to 6 devices to connect at the same time
- Unlimited speed and bandwidth
- No logs policy
- Access near to 6000 servers worldwide
- Up to 59 countries
- Up to 15 cities in the USA
- A long list of cities and counties in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and the middle east
- Double VPN, dedicated IP, Obfuscated, P2P, and Onion Over VPN connections
- Choose your permanent static IP from any country in the list
- OpenVPN, UDP, TCP, HTTP Proxy with SSL
- Optional manual setup is available
- Ultra-fast servers
- Apps for Mac, iPhone, Android, Linux, Windows, Chrome, Firefox, and even Android TV
- One of its kind secure tool for public Wifi and home networks
What’s even better is the Kill-Switch feature, it switches your VPN server location automatically if there is downtime or issue, so, you never feel like there is a problem there.
There are 3 different VPN protocols with this provider:
In other words, there is advanced encryption for all the websites you visit, and your computer, phone, or network will be fully secure and safe.
This is the second recommended VPN provider to stay safe at home and work remotely. But also, allows you to access restricted websites and fully encrypt your home connection with blazing fast servers in 140 countries. Thus, this may be a good choice if you look for specific locations or countries that other VPN companies do not support. Here is the full list of locations where PureVPN offers servers:
The features list of this reliable VPN is longer than others. But if we want to make it short, here is what makes it better than others:
- Optional, Port forwarding, DDoS protection, and dedicated IP
- More payment options like PayPal, credit cards, Alipay, Skrill, Bitcoin…
- 4.8 out of 5 stars score on TrustPilot with over 10 000 reviews
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously through a VPN
- Support for Routers, Android TV, Xbox, laptops, and mobile devices
- More than 200 servers worldwide
- Around the clock technical support
Because this popular VPN service is located in Hong Kong, they already know that lots of countries restrict connections and hide websites. So, they come up with advanced technologies to bypass country restrictions and access sites worldwide.
Users can add the VPN to computers, Playstation, Chromecast, Kodi, and more devices, here is the full list:
For users who travel a lot or want to access their devices remotely anywhere in the world, there is a feature called Port Forwarding, it combines the ease of use with the most secure VPN encryption and extra levels of security to let you manage your device from anywhere.
To browse the web privately, use this VPN solution, it hides the IP address like it should be doing, but also, it works with lots of home devices including the Internet router, family phones (iPhone and Android), and more options.
ExpressVPN masks the IP and encrypted Internet connections using AES-256 technologies. Also, there are L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol), L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol), and even IKEv2: All of them are crucial and highly needed these days. Now, when it comes to privacy, this is also a tool that does not track your activities or your DNS queries.
By the way, there is no need for any DNS knowledge to run this good VPN as it works in a few clicks. First, log in, choose your verse location and click the connect button.
For users who need to see what servers are the fastest, there is a speed test tool, so they can use it to choose one of the fast connections. Moreover, there is a long list of guides and tips to help users to get most of their VPN connections anytime anywhere.
Even more, there is a feature that bypasses the ISP throttling and that happens a lot with YouTube Videos and Netflix streaming when users notice slow loading and buffering. This technology forces the Internet Service Provider to fully load the Videos or movies without buffering.
Here is the lid of features that I think make this VPN so good:
- More than 3000 server locations across 94 countries
- Truly unlimited bandwidth with no restrictions
- Up to 5 devices to connect at the same time
- Bypass peering conflicts
- Easy to use
- Guides for beginners to use online streaming securely
- Bypass the bandwidth throttling
- Technologies support: TCP, UDP, OpenVPN, and more
Here is the location map of the servers on the map, so it looks clear, and up to date as they add new locations.
4. Surf Shark (unlimited devices)
With its unlimited device connectivity, this secure VPN should be the best choice for parents to secure all the family laptops, phones, and TV at once without the need for separate subscriptions. It works well when we talk about kids and gaming dangers online.
If you need to access your online banking account and disable the VPN, you can just enable the Whitelister for that website, next time the VPN will use your real Internet network and IP. That’s important because many banks prohibit the use of VPNs when logging in and accessing accounts online. So, this will fix the problems and even if you forget, the VPN will automatically detect the website and disable hiding the IP.
Personally, I don’t like annoying ads when browsing a website for doing research or reading a web guide. If you want to save Internet bandwidth and stop all the ads and images you see on many websites, you can use this VPN tool that kills advertising. In addition, there is a system that stops malware and phishing attempts directly from the web browser.
These are some reasons to consider this VPN:
- Use on unlimited devices
- Connect to multiple locations at once (MultiHop) for an extra level of security
- Whitelist any website or app
- Torrenting allowed
- Leave No footprints
- Save mobile data with ad-blocking (as all ads waste lots of megabytes)
- Pop-Ups blocking
- Camouflage Mode (even your ISP can’t see that you’re using a VPN)
- Faster page loading time compared to other providers
- No activity logs or connection tracking
This is a Swiss-made VPN provider with apps available for iOS and Android, but that does not mean you can’t use it elsewhere. In fact, the service lets you add the VPN on non-supported app solutions like DD-WRT OpenWRT, Blackberry, Synology NAS, AsusWRT, and Boxee.
All of these VPN solutions come with high-quality live streaming, privacy, and security at the same time. And for those who manage their work online, get up to five devices to connect, and that means a lot when no one should do his work in the physical office as usual.
- Keep reading: How to avoid roaming fees on your phone
Not all VPN services work the same
Keep in mind that choosing a good VPN for remote work is not the same as adding it for accessing NetFlix or Hulu, there should be extra levels of security, encryption and most importantly, a faster Internet connection compared to regular networks. Even if you have already installed a VPN, make sure you read their website and look for features, terms of service, and details about encryption and security.
In reality, you should never trust a VPN just because they say it’s secure, there are many types of encryptions and everything starts from the VPN providers that should be using sophisticated systems to encrypt connections, secure servers, and encrypt the connections without slowing down the user’s laptop.